Hutan Besar,
I changed my hair yesterday. And it felt good.
Actually, it felt a bit better than good. It felt like freedom. Something that I really not dare to do has finally done.
You see, for a really long time, I’ve let my hair and my thoughts about my hair and my feelings about my hair sort of control me. Over the course of my 25 years, I’ve let it stay curly since I was born. Sorry, I ever straightened it once when I was in the 1st grade on Junior High School. I never do anything to my hair since. I am not the type of girl who "nyalon" every certain periode, whether it's weekly, monthly and so on. As a growing up girl I remember it's only ONCE I went to the hair salon. It was 2011 when I decide to dilute my hair. My girl Butet was there accompanied me to get a new cut of my hair, it looked good but it didn't like it since it kind of damaging my hair.

I always put on my mind that I will never let my lovely curly hair gone in every way other girls do. But it's me too who always want to get my hair when I was a young girl back. My curly then was not really different. But it was soft and not expanded as it was after I straightened.
The only thing I know can bring back my lovely little girl's curly is by going BALD. Yes, going bald.
I have been wanting to go bald since several years ago. But have no courage to do it. I think I am not that confident to go outside with a head without hair at all.
Now I am not that girl anymore. I am braver, more confident and feel really secure of myself with everything I am. I've decided to go bald in order to get my little girl's curly back.
So before I go bald, I think it's a chance for me to taste another hairstyle. Isn't life is too short to only have one hair?
A woman who change her hair is about to change her life.
-Coco Channel
Last Friday my friend Devi brought her hair straightener aka catok to office and did her hair. I asked her to do to my hair. And it was beautiful. I love it. My desire to get a new hair before going bald was strengthened. So on Saturday I went to the hair salon near my flat, asked for smoothing. Yeah, I don't know whether it was a right decission or not, I just thought that I should do it before I change my mind. It's now or never. So there I go.. about four hours later I got my new straight hair. It's nice but it was cut too much. At first I wished to see a long straight hair on my head after cut, but no problem. The most thing I love is that I have the courage to change my hair. I feel happier and lighter. And I think it's one of the ways to change my life to be better.
And last but not least is I am on my way to get my little girl's curly back. Some steps closer!
Many judge me for straightened my hair, I do not care, at all. So welcome my new hair 
See you soon my little girl's curly, and I am looking forward to go bald, at the time I get boring with this straight hair.



Writing this while listening to 'Sit Still Look Pretty' by Daya  ♪ ♫ ♬

0 Comments